Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ricochet Is Here!!


Shay: Hi, I'm Ricochet. My racing name was Grand Beauty because, in all modesty, that's what I am! I'm glossy black, with beautiful graham cracker brown eyes and a very classic greyhound look. I'm kind of skinny right now because I didn't get enough to eat on the track and they didn't feed me at all for the day it took to get me here from Florida, but I plan to change all that as soon as possible!

I like this place! I have a really nice, enormous crate with a big soft pillow in it, and my Foster Mom and Dad don't ever seem to shut the door. I have no problem walking anywhere even though there's linoleum in the kitchen and uncarpeted floors in a few other places. In fact, I'm doing better with all that than my Foster Brother Murray, who's lived here for about a year and a half!! I also made it all the way upstairs and then back down again! (My Foster Sister left me little treats on the stairs and that helped a lot.)

The one thing I didn't like too much was Mom and Sis gave me what they called a bath. I thought water torture was illegal in the United States! I am NEVER going in that nasty bathroom again (although the closet I hid in after was pretty nice, and it's right next to the bathroom).

That's enough for today. Mom says she's going to take me to the dog park soon and I've got to get ready! Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. She (she is a she, right?) is soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is. And she has a very sweet disposition. I can't wait to see what she's like after she has a few days' worth of good meals and comfortable sleep under her belt!

      Delete