Saturday, May 11, 2013

Tulia is here!  

Tulia:    Hi!  I just arrived here today from the Greyhound Rescue kennel.  It's been kind of a rough week.  I left the track a few days ago (whew!), had some surgery, went to the rescue kennel for a couple of days and then, today, took a long car ride from the kennel to this place called Grapehounds.  After a while, a lady came over and started paying lots of attention to me.  She says she's my new Foster Mom.  So Mom and I walked around for a while and then we took another long car ride.  And now I'm here!  Mom says this is going to be my home until I find a Forever Home.  I'm not sure how I'm going to go about doing that, but in the meantime, this place suits me just fine.

When I first got here, I met my Dad, my Foster Sister and my Foster Dogbro Murray.  Mom and Dad took Murray and me to a big fenced-in yard where we got to run around for a while and then relax outside without any leashes.  The lady who owns the yard is named Marsha and she has a little dog - at least that's what Marsha says it is - named Trixie.  Trixie is tiny!  And she smells really good.  I think maybe I liked Trixie more than she liked me.


Then we came back to my Foster House.  This place is big!   I have a huge crate - much bigger than anything I've ever been in before.  Plus the door  never seems to be shut so I've gotten to wander around.  No one stops me, although Mom does hang around me a lot.

Pretty quickly after we got here, Murray seemed to disappear.  I found him after a while cowering in this tiny room that's next to the garage.  Awfully strange behavior for a guy who clearly considers himself a stud.  Mom says it's because he's afraid of thunder.  She wasn't kidding - he's even shaking.  Well, whatever.   It gives me a chance to explore without him getting in my way.  He has some awfully comfortable pads and fun toys, and I think I've just about tried them all.

Anyway, I wasn't feeling so great when I got here, but I had a really good meal and lots of water and I'm starting to feel better.  I've been pretty itchy from the shampoo I had to get rid of my fleas, and Mom massaged me for a while with something called coconut oil.  I feel kind of greasy now, and I smell like a pina colada (I bet you wonder how I know what THAT is!), but I'm not nearly as itchy.  I'm also starting to feel pretty tired.  I think I'll go to bed soon, but I'm excited about getting up and having a full day here tomorrow.  
Talk to you soon!

Love, Tulia

Murray:    So, this girl Tulia is a real looker, I've got to admit.  She may even have some potential on the girlfriend front.  We'll have to
see, though.  First I have to get past this thunderstorm.   Hopefully she isn't making herself too much at home in the meantime.   

Yours in the mudroom,




No comments:

Post a Comment